Hope everyone is having a great week. I’m struggling through myself…it really doesnt seem like its another full two weeks to Christmas! But anyway I still have all my presents to get so its probably just as well 🙂
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy recipe that can easily be prepared after work. The below is a recipe for 2 so its also perfect for lunch the next day. If you are really short on time you can buy prepped rice aswell and simply heat it up in the microwave.
I’ve shared the ingredients and the method below and as always if you try this I’d love to see you share your thoughts with me.
- 2 salmon fillets
- Green beans – about 100g or one packet
- Pak choi – 2 pak choi
- 1 lime
- 1 red chilli
- A couple of spring onions
- About 120g (uncooked) of brown rice or 1 packet of brown rice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds
- Pickled ginger to serve
- If you are cooking your rice fill a medium saucepan with salted water, place over a high heat and bring to a boil
- Add rice into saucepan and cook for 25/30 minutes according to the instructions
- In a small bowl make your dressing. Mix your soy sauce, the juice from the lime, red chilli, rice vinegar and honey. If you like spicier food add the seeds from your chilli.
- Trim the green beans and tear the leaves of the pak choi
- Take a break if you are cooking the brown rice. You don’t need to start cooking the salmon and vegetables until the brown rice is nearly ready. If microwaving the brown rice add it to the microwave now.
- Put some oil on the frying pan. Very little oil is required as your fish is oily already
- When the brown rice is nearly ready add the salmon, skin down, into the pan. Add the green beans after a few minutes (and some water if required).
- After 5-6 minutes flip the salmon, add the pak choi at this stage and cook for another couple of minutes (pak choi requires very little cooking).
- Serve rice, salmon and vegetables and top with the dressing. pickled ginger & mixed seeds.
Its that easy and such a nutrient dense week day dinner
Hope you enjoy it and enjoy the rest of your week